Friday, January 9, 2015

The First Time I.... Week of 1-5-15 to 1-9-15

The First Time I....
By: John Zalazinski
Week of 1-5-15 to 1-9-15
1/9/2015

September 6th, 2014, I traveled to Georgia, but this time it wasn't for vacation. I was really shocked when I heard the news that my family and I were going to move to Georgia. To be honest this was one thing I knew wouldn't last forever. It was actually going quite well at first, going to a new school, meeting new people, but when I found out that clubs were mandatory and I had to ride two buses to get home, I almost got lost and just confused overall. I tried to pretend that some of the people I meet over there would relate to the people I know in Berwyn. They actually somewhat do relate to them and that me feel a little bit better. 

                                                                                                                                                            Georgia was still on my brain when I moved back to Illinois. People would call me crazy, but I think my mind is messing with me because I almost see the other kids I met walking around the school. I know it is my head only but I really hope it isn't a bad sign because I was happy to go back to my hometown. The biggest reason I was happy is that since we were a away the family was just completely torn apart. I sometimes thought about this question after we came back to Berwyn is that "If we were still in Savannah, Georgia, what would my family be like right now?" That is one question that will most likely be never answered because it can be answered by time. 


I still remember how the day went when we were all packed up and ready to move. There was enough tears to fill a dozen jars, seriously I'm not exaggerating by a long shot. For a long time I was denying it over and over until it happened. There are days like that you want to last as long as possible, but you can never control time unless you super powers and I don't have any so there's that. I'm so glad to be back, from the day packed up to go to Savannah to the time we left.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I have actually been to Georgia before too but I couldn't imagine moving there permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing John! What made you guys end up moving back to Berwyn? What did you think of Savannah overall? It is so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete