Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Final Reflection

Final Reflection
John Z.
5/13/2015


There was a lot of important moments in ELA so here are some things that happened during class.
I think the three most important things how learned this year was how to properly write a paragraph because I didn't even know what a topic sentence was, how to write a argumentative paper to understand the pros and cons of a certain subject, and how to annotate an article to help guide me through an AOW. I think I will remember the Battle of the Books because first off I needed it to increase the amount of books I read in the school year and helped memorization skills and was just overall a great time. Probably the nicest thing that someone has done for me was helping me get caught up with the Edgar Allan Poe research because I arrived in the middle of the second quarter. Things like that I highly appreciate someone doing for taking the time to do that for me. 


There were also a lot of things that my fellow classmates and I learned trough the year. Starting off, one of the things I taught to another student was how to make an AOW, and that made me really good to help someone out. I think one of the biggest improvements I've had this year was grammar,  surprisingly. A really time I was using commas and its and it's incorrectly but thanks to this class hopefully I won't be making those mistakes anymore. One thing that I was really proud of was writing the argumentative paper on DWD because it was a really huge topic something that needs more attention I'm glad I was involved with the assignment of going into more detail with it. The most challenging part of the year for me was probably the poem unit because I wasn't familiar with all the different genres basically all I knew was Haiku and anything thing that rhymed counted as a poem. 


To be honest there was a TON of reading and writing involved in all of our assignments and class work but it was good getting through it, here are some of the things I did. The best piece of writing I think I did was the Two-Voice poem for Things Not Seen because it is favorite book I have ever read and it was really interesting to connect the main character, Bobby Phillips with Alicia the blind girl who he met at the library. Things Not Seen was my favorite book because it really catches your attention at the beginning of the book and doesn't slow down a lot. It's also because invisibility is a really interesting mystery and it was really pleasing to see someone turn that into an amazing book.


If I were to give advice to this class the list would be thousands of pages long but to sum it up I'm writing this paragraph. If you are a big procrastinator like me prepare to be rushing to get your assignments done. You're going to have a bunch of work even on regular weeks so don't even think about slacking. Be creative because you are going to have to write a lot of imaginative poems in this class and lot of them. Don't get distracted because before you know it you are going to be behind a lot of students. Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, remember to inspect everything closely because if don't scroll down your not going to see those OTHER questions you were supposed to do.

    
Commented On: Omar R. Saul G. Emily B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment