Thursday, October 29, 2015

1st Quarter Reflection

1st Quarter Reflection
John Zalazinski
10-28-2015

I think one of the tasks/assignments that benefited me the most was the Life Lines for Of Beetle and Angels. This assignment helped me connect with the book by remembering quotes from the book. Plus, there were morals and lessons to be taught in some of the quotes, that can really help people get through life and motivate them to keep going. Of these lessons in particular was not take things for granted, like how Mawi was so glad to have good teachers in his school district because his teachers in the refugee camp were abusive. It taught us that first world countries problems are nothing compared to the third world.

For the the next quarter I should apply myself more than I did the first quarter. First off, I should
study the vocabulary for multiple days and not just minutes before the test. Work more on how much detail I put into my work. I don't want to be as broad when it comes to my AoWs because then the 
reader wouldn't understand the article as much as they should. Lastly, I want to focus more on assignments in general and not get distracted easily.


I haven't read a single book for the 40 boom challenge this quarter and I want to improve that next quarter. I want at least read four books for second quarter. I want to read a variety of of genre so two or three weeks will not be wasted when reading. I also want this to increase my vocabulary through the majority of books I hopefully will read this year and next quarter. 















No comments:

Post a Comment