Friday, November 7, 2014

Poe Reflection 11/07/2014

Poe Reflection
By: John Zalazinski 


I really didn't know anything about Poe not even that he was a writer in the horror genre. That has changed since the Poe research I have done. He did have a tough life especially with his family members dying of tuberculosis and getting robbed by his own cousin. I'm still wondering if he got his inspiration from the things he experienced in his life. Is he trying to signal something about events that actually happened?


It might be a long-shot, but what if he did use things that happened during his life or what happened around him for inspiration for his short stories. Dark and sad things did happen at the start of his life like his parents both dying when he was just three, and getting adopted by his new family having them die also from the same exact disease. Having something happen in his life like that might be the reason why he chose horror and write extremely dark stories.


What I find most interesting is that his parents were an actor and actress, so I guess he would have some dramatic and intense genes inside of him. Knowing that, it is no surprise that Poe is famous for his writing. Hopefully he did know he had talented parents when he was a baby. What I find interesting but in a disturbing way is that he married his cousin Virginia when she was thirteen. I know it was I time when it was okay do that, but I hope few people were kind of freaked out by the idea.
















No comments:

Post a Comment