Monday, February 16, 2015

Poetry Response Week of 2/16

John Zalazinski
Poetry Response
Poem Name: Orange
By: Jeff Opperman
2/16/2015

This poems about how frustrated you can get when you run into the word orange in a poem. It is almost every poets' worst nightmare. You can't get past it unless you're in free verse writing, so if you are trying to rhyme your luck has ran out. Even though I haven't ran into this problem yet I most likely will in the future. I'm pretty sure that if you are reading this blog right now you have ran into this problem like the author of the poem.


  I think the author wrote this poem to express his frustrations about trying to rhyme the word orange with another word. Maybe when he was a kid he was trying to write a poem for his class and decided to write down the "DEAD END" of all poems. It like when you have writer's block, but its only because of one word.  

=



I chose these two pictures because I feel that a fruit or color can cause you to tear your hair out. Out of all the the things in this big world a lot of people get annoyed of this word and to be honest, its not really a big problem. Before I forget to mention that this rumor of "nothing rhymes with orange" is a total myth. Well to be fair the words that do rhyme almost never relate to the poem's topic at all.  


This would be text to world. I chose text to world mostly because people get frustrated for the smallest things, this being one of them. To me, (this relates to text to self too) my little sister is the 
orange and I'm the one writing this demon of a poem. You cannot imagine the world of poetry getting annoyed by this, and if it was going to, I would stop with poetry, well to be honest again, I'm not that interested in poetry to begin with. I feel that this is one of the poems that actually makes me want to get into poetry actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment