Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Two Voice Poem for Things Not Seen Week of 3-16-15 to 3-20-15


Two Voice Poem
by John Zalazinski
3/18/2015


Left: Bobby
Right: Alicia 
Both: Middle

I can't see my reflection                               I am invisible.                                   I am ignored at school

I can't be seen by anyone                         I am the opposite.                            I can't see anyone

I feel alone.                                    You're the lucky one!                         I get so much attention from
My parents not around here.                                                                        my parents.

I woke up not seeing                                                                              I woke up not seeing anything.
myself.

I wish I knew how                                                                                       I had to experience it. 
this happened to me.                    That must sound horrible!    

I've been like this for              Too long for me!                              I've like this for almost three years                                                           
almost a week.

I feel like I'm blocked out                                                                       I feel like I'm locked in, never
from the world.                                                                                        to be freed in more than a 
                                                                                                                 million years.

How am I supposed to live with                                                            You'll eventually get used to it.
this?

My parents were in a crash.                                                                  Sometimes I wish mine were in 
                                                                                                              that crash.                                      
                                                                                                                          
I can't see where my legs and                                                              I have a cane to guide where I go. 
arms are most of the time.                                                                      I can still know where my arms   
                                                                                                                because of it.
                              
I can still go through my daily routine.                                                I can't go through my daily 
Well except school.                                                                               routine. I just feel left out,
                                                                                                              more confused than ever.

I am concealed from myself.        We can't see... ourselves.                    I don't even need to be hidden.
                                               



Commented On: Joseph H. Sonny S. Justin R.

No comments:

Post a Comment