Thursday, February 18, 2016

Night Blog

                                                                       Elie Wiesel

2/18/16
Prompt: If you could talk to the author, what questions would you ask? Why?
John Zalazinski 


The first question I would ask is, "How did the people who you interacted with affected you for your life?" I would ask this because if I was around people who suffered greatly it would take me a long time after that experience to recuperate. For example, when he saw the two men's corpses hung on a rope, that would be extremely traumatizing for me, and I wouldn't be able to understand how anybody can live a normal life with that memory stuck in their head. I would wonder how much time it would take to recover or if you could recover at all. I feel like a Holocaust survivor like Elie Wiesel, would know best because of how much he has grown the years after the events of the Holocaust. 



The second question I would ask would be “Was there any possible lessons you may have learned throughout that experience.” I would ask this question because when you go through an experience that will change you for the rest of your life, you'd naturally take something out of it. No longer taking something for granted, or even being more thankful for a certain thing, place, person, etc. My best guess is that he would definitely be more thankful for a warm meal, family, and for his freedom. He wouldn't have been able to tell us about the experiences if he didn't take something out of it.



The third and last question I would ask him would be "Do you remember the first thing that came to mind when it was all over." I would ask him this because that would be moment when all of the weight is off your soldiers and it would be a event by itself. Elie was free again after the longest time, and he most likely had starting over on his mind because after events like that you want to go back to a regular life immediately, but you can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment