Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Aphorism Project

O5/11/16

Aphorism: "When you're in bed, you're dead." 

The aphorism means when you are in bed you are as productive as a dead person, or when you are stuck in bed you feel dead. You feel as if you are disconnected from what you used to be able to do when you were out of bed and had the proper energy to do things. It is likely that you are not going to do anything meaningful when you are stuck to your bed. You are also not able to explore the world around you, it is as if the bed you are stuck to is blocking out the world from you.



Personal Experience:

I have personally went through something similar to the aphorism and it was far from pleasant. It was about two years ago, I was extremely sick and stuck in my bed. I was in bed, all of my energy was drained from my body, I didn't even have the energy to get up and eat the one meal I got the entire day. I was able to do absolutely nothing the entire day. I was stuck in bed, just plain hopeless. The worst thing about it was that I had no choice but to stay in the bed. The only thing I relied on is the help of my family and don't get me wrong, they did help. There was just zero chance of me recuperating from the sickness.



Evaluate the aphorism by explaining why you agree/disagree with it:

When it comes to this aphorism I semi agree with it. This is because when you may be sick and stuck in bed you can still do things productive. An example of this would be getting a work done in bed such as an essay or a sheet of math problems. A great example of being in bed and being productive is Morrie. This is because as he was stuck in his bed he still was able to educate Mitch about different life lessons which helped Mitch with his life long after Morrie passed. Although, if you are deathly sick you obviously wouldn't be able to do anything. You may need assisting from a few or many people and feel like you can't do a single thing.

My Own Aphorism:

"Die without as many regrets as possible."










No comments:

Post a Comment