Sunday, May 22, 2016

End Of The Year Reflection

5/17/16
End of The Year Reflection Blog

1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

The first most important thing I learned was the TIQA format. This extremely helped me with my writing because before I knew what this format was my paragraphs would usually just be all over the place. The second most important thing I learned this year was the holocaust research. This is because it was really interesting to learn about what they went and how they survived, my favorite part of it was learning about the Jewish partisans and how they resisted. The third most important thing that I learned this year was about Malala and how she was able to stand up for many girls and fight for young girls' education.

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

I think reading Tuesdays With Morrie would be something I would remember for the rest of my life. The aphorisms for the most part is the reason why I will remember this for the rest of my life, This is because they teach very good life lessons to help guide people in the future. This will hopefully persuade people to live in better ways and maybe improve the world around them.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

I think the nicest thing someone in our class did for me was fix something on my iPad. What the problem was basically is that every few seconds or so "sign in to iCloud" would pop up. This extremely annoying because before it was fixed I had to with it for an entire day, which also meant that it would heavily interfere with doing my work. In first block of the next day my partner noticed the problem and fixed it very quickly.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

In all honesty I really don't feel like I taught anybody much. If anything, I was the one taught by others. It is because English is not my best subject and throughout classes my writing has improved. I also learned how to interpret different messages and was able to put it into words and even into a picture. I was also able to explore and learn about different things happening in the world and being taught that was mostly a really good experience.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

Formatting is the area I have made my biggest improvements on. This is because before I taught how to do certain paragraphs my writing used to be all over the place. I am really proud of completing the butterfly project. This is because I got a really challenging poem to do a butterfly on so I was really proud when I was able to interpret it and put it on the butterfly.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

The most challenging part of this year has to be the speeches we are doing. This is because each of us [students] only has one minute to explain our belief. This means that we have to be brief which seems almost impossible for me at least because I have multiple events which I can go in depth with and really explain why I believe in what I do, but I can't because of the time restraint. It is also hard because you have to get personal. Getting personal means sharing your most personal problems that would not want to share out loud. Many students including me will have a difficult time trying to that, so believe me it is hard but I am going to try my best to do so.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

 I think my best piece of writing I have done this is the "Which Tuesday Has Inspired You" blog. This is because it was something I was able to go in depth to and really explore. The life lessons and other things Morrie said related to me and many other people, so I was able to talk about it very easily. The overall message of that tuesday which would be that money doesn't replace love and tenderness. Which is very true and knowing the fact that people don't believe in that really gave me the drive to write about it.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Out of all the books I have read this year it has to be After Ever After. This is because the story was very interesting. The main characters Jeffrey and Tad were dealing with regular problems when dealing with their cancer. The thing is that they stayed very positive for most of the story and was really entertaining to read. Even after Tad's death Jeffrey still had conversations with him. That was something that really touched me because it shows that people can still be together even after death.

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

The first advice I would give is that to do not procrastinate. This is because the work will a lot of time and attention and if you wait to the last second to do something the work will probably be of lesser quality to what you could've done if you had more time. The second piece of advice I would give is pay attention because if you don't you are going to miss some very important information about your classwork or homework and that can leave you very confused when trying to do it and make it very hard for you to finish.







No comments:

Post a Comment