Tuesday, May 24, 2016

"Hold On" (This I Believe Speech)

5/23/16

"Hold On"

Mentor Sentence: "I believe in the power of holding on."

Belief: Formed

I believe in the power of holding on to family. Throughout all the hardships, all the losses, and all the small accidents your family and you make, you have to stick together. It may be very hard, but it should be known that at the end they may be all you have left. A lot of things will try to come between you and the people that you love. It is important to keep them close psychically and mentally. 

The one thing that tested us was having a dysfunctional family around our immediate family. How it was triggered was because five months ago, give or take, one of our family members had a issue with their immediate family and that made many people mad at that person in many different ways. This has been going on for a while and that puts a lot of pressure on us because we are one of the few parts of our family that is still stable. That means when need to stay close together and hold on to each no matter what happens to us or the family around us. 

The realization I came to is that family is determined to stay together. That has changed the way I am going to be with my family, which means less arguing, more love and positivity towards them, and mature faster so I can be a more understanding person. This will affect the future because I will affect my family greatly and want it to be in a positive way so my family to have a positive future.

I believe in the power of holding on to family. You have to hold on to them. Even if you think they are not important, they are in the long run when you really need them. After all you really never know what they would go through for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment