Friday, February 20, 2015

Global Collaboration Reflection - John Zalazinski 2/20/2015

       Global Collaboration Reflection 
2/20/2015
John Zalazinski

My global awareness of the world was that no country was similar, and they had nothing in common. It turned out I was completely wrong. My pen-pal and I have so much in common that it surprised me a lot more that I expected. The collaboration with my pen-pal has really affected my thoughts on global awareness. Only now I realized that many countries have so much in common. Maybe it took me so much time because I was focusing on the differences. I now feel like it is now ten times more important to know about global awareness NOW than it was a few years ago, especially because what is happening in the world right now.


I feel my perspective on other cultures has grown more positive and thought out. Cultures should be more appreciated so there would be less war, controversy, and racism through the years. It seems really important to appreciate varieties of culture in this time period. Mostly to prevent horrific events like 9/11 or the Holocaust from happening around the world.

It seems really funny and interesting that the floor is so clean that you can run around in your socks all day in school! I feel like it is shocking that the school is so big it could be turned into a college in the future! I feel like everything in our Swedish pen-pals' school is way more organized and in order than ours. The last thing which is funny is that they still have a playground in middle school! I wouldn't say that it is unfair because it is a different country, so lucky them! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I agree with everything you said. Especially the last statement. I saw no errors, so great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John - Excellent reflection! Please go back and fix your topic sentence for your third paragraph. It is unclear who/what you are referring to.

    ReplyDelete