Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Poetry Reflection Week of 3-23-15 to 3-27-15

Poetry Reflection
John Zalazinski
3/25/2015


After this unit poetry has somewhat significant place in my life. During this poetry unit learning things like imagery has kept me interested in certain subjects like nature or fantasy. I feel like that has been one of most useful things that I've learned in this ENTIRE unit. It also has been actually been fun. Especially making up words for the nonsense poem and making the Bio-Poem. 


I don't think poetry belongs to everyone. Everybody has their own tastes when it comes to literature, specifically poetry. An example would be a kindergartener flying through a Dr. Seuss book when he doesn't even know half the words to a kid who won't even touch a book. For me I'm between the two. If I find something good I'll fly through it like nothing but if its slow I'll have to force myself to read it. 


The life experiences of a person can highly affect a person's writing. If someone lived a happy, full life they would write about something really positive like playing in the backyard with their dog. If the person had a bad, horrific life they would write about horror or maybe living in bad conditions. An average person with regular "ups and downs" would right about their lifestyle, an injury, or what their favorite things to do are. For me I would be the average person writing a poem, but with as much creativity as I can put into it.






Commented On: Sam T. Sonny S. Mia C. 


No comments:

Post a Comment